Mackenzie discovered a nest of baby rabbits or something last night, although I didn't know it at the time. I just knew I could hardly get her to get out of the border garden (next to the privacy fence). This morning when we went out, she went straight to it, so I took a close look and realized there seemed to be something furry in there that she was looking at. I assumed it was a dead animal and got my little three-pronged garden thingie out. But when I carefully lifted the edge of the fur, it all came up in a neat mass to reveal a bunch of little faces and feet huddled together in an open burrow. I don't know for sure what they are, but there's a bunch of them and they're little and furry. So I put a step-stool type thing over their hidey-hole to give them some protection from the dogs, and I'll keep an eye on them. Maybe I'll try to get a photo.
Sunday, May 23, 2004
Last night I potted five or six perennial starts before I ran out of steam; I might be able to do more this evening after it cools off a bit. Today I'm doing laundry and continuing the "weeding" of my closets and dresser. So far today I've done long-sleeved knit tops, including sweaters and turtlenecks. I really went to town on the sweaters (got rid of maybe a third of them), but not so many of the others (my turtleneck collection is really pretty absurd, but now I have room for them). Next up is long-sleeved shirts, then blazers, then I'm done. Actually, I discovered two "discarded" blazers hanging in the guest room closet -- I imagine I meant for mom to take them back with her -- and I'm considering keeping them now. Anyway, I'll take them into account as I decided what I'm most likely to make use of in the future.

<< Home