Friday, June 11, 2004

I'm happy to report success with Kipper's new litter box. The door is still taped up, but in a week or so I'm going to let it down and see how he likes it. I'm also switching to an absorption type litter (rather than the scoopable), so the poor guy is dealing with a lot of changes.

Kevin has been getting the packing bug in the evenings lately, and we're up to 21 boxes packed. It's getting a little difficult to maneuver around the house, though, with a stack or two of full boxes in each room, and a pile of empty ones in the dining room. Tonight he should be bringing home a dolly so we can move packed boxes out to the garage.

I'm getting him thinking about some of the bigger things in the basement that I think we can do without -- an older monitor, a good-sized TV, an older dual tape deck. Just getting rid of those three things, plus a few miscellaneous books and stuff, will make me feel like the basement is nearly done. Then I can do the kitchen and think about what's in there that we don't need.