Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Yesterday turned out to be productive. I took paint chips over to the new house and identified the wall color, took magazines to the resale shop across the street and found out they did pick-ups, and did a decent amount of packing and sorting through stuff in the basement. Then Kevin brought a pick-up truck home from work and we took two loads of stuff over -- no more boxes sitting around. That should make it a bit easier. While over at the new house, I also did some measuring in the living room and now I'm kind of depressed about the whole furniture arranging question, due to the lack of overhead lighting. Without overhead lighting, we're relying on lamps. And lamps have to be plugged into walls. Which means that seating has to be against the walls. And this room is really too big to have everything against the walls. I don't think it's going to look very good at all, really. Unless I can run one cord from the wall to a lamp about three feet in from the wall, and then from there run cords under the furniture to the other lamp. (I have only two, but I probably want 3 floor or table lamps in there eventually.) That might be the best solution. I still have to wrestle with how far the seating is going to be from the TV, though. I'm hoping I don't have to have the TV in a corner, but with all the wires I might have to. After all the activity yesterday, I'm struggling to get moving this morning. I haven't been eating much either, but I've had no appetite at all after the vertigo on Saturday.