Friday, August 06, 2004

My mom arrived safely home last evening, after a day's drive. It was a great visit, as always. We didn't do any real decorating or unpacking (yes, I'm not totally unpacked yet), but we did some cleaning, shopping, and a lot of weeding in my mulched beds. I didn't buy anything significant -- towels and stuff.

I had been afraid she'd dislike the house (or rather, the little bits and pieces of it that are showing their age), and while she was critical of whoever did the painting, overall she really liked it.

We had really nice weather for about half of her visit; in fact, one day we had a record low. Then it got quite hot, which is typical here. Today it's cool again, so I was out weeding some more. I might be able to finish on Sunday, then I really have to think seriously about planting the things I brought from the old house.

The old house is being shown regularly, but no offers yet. We've dropped the price to below the closest big even number (heh, how cagey). K goes over reguarly to water the new grass and also some of the perennials.

At work, we're getting ready for another move! This is going to be a major thing. We've spent the last two years building a new building, which is now (almost) ready, and the move is schedule for next Thursday and the succeeding 1.5 weeks. We're a public agency, so we'll be closed to the public for something like 6 weeks. It's been hectic (that was one of the reasons I didn't go up to mom's as I'd originally planned). Saturday is our last day open to the public.