I also did some closet items and got a start on the "media center" stuff -- DVDs, CDs, and my TV and movie reference book collection. Plus I did three loads of laundry, and took care of two more participants in Kevin's continuing parade of service guys.
Here's the furniture we're going to buy, in the order we currently think we need them: 1. dining room suite, Mission style We've had a nice glass and chrome dinette set for a few years now, which fits well and looks great in the bay window kitchen nook. But the dining room is pretty big and needs something decent. With dark red walls, I'm going to go with the lightest wood I can find. 2. coffe table, Mission style Mom gave me a really neat little coffee table that her sister had been using as a plant stand. I put my feet on it a few too many times and it started getting pretty unsteady. At the old house, Kipper loved to lie on it, which he hasn't done here yet. But we are still due for a new one. 3. Morris chair We have room for a reading corner in the living room, so I'd like to use our current upholstered chair there, and get an Arts and Crafts style Morris chair to put in the sofa grouping. 4. sofa table The sofa is out in the middle of floor, with its back to the living room entrance. I really need something in back of it. 5. bookcase for study The study is a sunroom, with ceiling to floor windows on three sides, and the brick of the side of the house making up the fourth wall. Rather that try to put up shelves in the brick, I'd prefer a bookcase. It can be as wide as 55 inches, and as tall as seven feet. I doubt if it will be. 6. small game/puzzle table and two chairs I have room in the living room for a little game area, which my mom and I will make good use of every winter when she's down. We've been using a card table. 7. bench with storage for master bedroom The master bedroom has a wall with three side-by-side windows, and a long bench would be so cool there. (So does the living room, but I can't figure out what to put there.) 8. bench with tall back and hooks for foyer Right now I have a little cabinet and a dinette chair in the foyer. It really needs something else. The little cabinet is needed for the hallway to the master bedroom. 9. bookcase for living room For a reading corner in the living room.

<< Home