Saturday, July 17, 2004

Today we awoke to water in the basement. What a rotten feeling. We'd finally gotten the water problem largely solved in our old house, and were feeling pretty confident (but why?) about the new house. However, I don't think we're going to worry too much about it yet. Yesterday's rain was really heavy, and I saw flooded areas on the way to work. So we'll write this off as an unusual situation, and see if it happens again.

Yesterday was the third time since moving into the new house that I sat in the living room and watched the weather (some great lightning yesterday) out our huge front windows that I thought I wasn't going to like, because they look out on to the busy street. It's true that we need to close the blinds for privacy, but it's surprising how often we feel perfectly comfortable having them open, and how much we're enjoying the view at times.