Sunday, August 08, 2004

You know, a WYSIWYG editor really ought to be able to handle paragraph breaks. This is a bit mysterious to me.

So the last day in the old building went fine on Saturday, with a little pizza party for the staff after we closed. I've worked there for over 20 years, but I can't say I'm particularly sentimental about the place. The new building has some serious flaws, but overall I'm really looking forward to being there. Now, we have three days to finish getting ready for the movers, with the move starting on Thursday. I think it'll be kind of fun (I'm not all that fond of public services anyway), except that I have to go in an hour earlier, and in fact will be putting in some 10-hour days during the move. But I get to wear jeans to work.

I came home from the pizza party yesterday and started to do some more weeding, but of course at dusk there tend to be mosquitoes, and I appear to have lost all of the repellent I have (two spray bottles and two lotion bottles, if I'm remembering right). Ticked me off. I got a few bites and came in. Actually I didn't even notice any bites this morning, so the heck with it.

Mackenzie is knocking on the back door, ready to come in, and I need to see if there's any baseball on. The Yankees and the Cards are both tearing up the peapatch these days. My dream World Series has a good chance this year.